Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Sucks

OK, Halloween doesn't suck. It's actually one my favorite times of year, but it seems like no one really gives a fig anymore. I went to see Clamfight and Slumlord play at the millcreek tavern and I've never seen a bigger bunch of suck-ass costumes.
Every girl was some variation of whore-bag: sassy pirate, naughty nurse or the ubiquitous angel/faerie complete with six-inch stripper shoes.
Every guy was either an Elvis, a pimp, or a phillies fan. There were exceptions of course, but just because you spend $50 on a foam keg costume doesn't mean you don't still suck the ass.
The worst was the 12-year-old prosti-tots trick-or-treating around my neighborhood. I guess they're trying to emulate the perceived glamour of the Spears and Aguileras of the world, but seriously, their parents need to be punched in the cockles.
It's the general laziness that kills me. And the lack of imagination. Nobody even tries to have fun with it. OK, I'm not expecting some amazing shit like this:




or this:




But maybe, with just a little effort......

No comments: